The Writings on the Wall

Friday, October 3, 2008

On getting mad

I don't have to tell you things are bad.

Everybody knows things are bad.

It's a depression.

Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's work, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.'
Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street.

All I know is that first you've got to get mad.

You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, Goddamnit! My life has VALUE!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell,
'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!'

I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!'
Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it:

I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!

[Howard Beale||The Network}
posted by Zee Puppette at 4:31 AM

8 Comments:

I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!










(I'm too lazy to get up, open window, and yall... so typing it in caps should do! i like it btw)

October 5, 2008 at 11:10:00 AM PDT  

What was that about? well, I don't know but what the hell..

I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!

October 7, 2008 at 1:35:00 AM PDT  

Hey, Thank ya very much Alexandria.
...But I think getting mad is not going to work! Ya know why? I) 'cause while ya are mad, those who aren't can do ANYTHING! II) If I get mad, then what is the difference between me and guys on the streets!!!?

October 7, 2008 at 8:21:00 AM PDT  

Wicked cool

Can I ask you a huge huge favour even though u dont know me?

Can you tell me how on earth you made your layout like that coz its the coolest thing in the world and I always wanted one like that. You know, where the words scroll over the picture in the back.

free.flya@gmail.com

If you'd e-mail me some tips - or even a site where they give tips I'll be forever greatful.
And then one day if you're in dire need of something and I happen to be in the same country, and it doesn't involve cockroaches or insects..

October 8, 2008 at 4:24:00 PM PDT  

lol Eva...I cant ever say anything tht'll actually make u get up and do something..now can i? =P

n marooned...well...we're so scared..everyone is so effen scared its pathetic..we're slaves to our societies, we're slaves to people's expectations, we're slaves of our own conditioned minds. and we get stepped on beyond belief. Do u really think that you are the best person you can ever be? Personally, I am not..not even close. And the first step to claim your rights of merely existing is to get mad. to stop being okay with what you're given, and claim that that is rightfully yours, that that you deserve. So get mad, pissed off, full of rage..and get ready to kick some butts dude. =)

Sia, well...being mad doesnt necessarily mean you go around streets shouting your lungs out...being mad can be expressed in a very civilized manner, dont you think? =)
And btw..alexandria is not my name, it's where I live =)

PG, dude lol =) I dont mind at all helping out, expect of course for the fact that i stole the html of tht template off of somewhere =D but wait for my email, it's comin your way =)

October 10, 2008 at 2:08:00 PM PDT  

I've been trying to do that since I was 19. I would just love to break free and be myself for a change, not be what I want people 2 see.
It's really hard.

October 10, 2008 at 8:40:00 PM PDT  

Actually puppet you can always motivate me with sweet stuff...
like... for example:

"eva... if you get up and do *whatever you can think of* I will reward you with a fresh baked cinnamon roll"!

you should try that ;)

October 12, 2008 at 12:16:00 AM PDT  

check out the track "not for want of trying" for the band maybeshewill. they took the same text as lyrics.

February 3, 2009 at 3:41:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home