The Writings on the Wall

Saturday, October 11, 2008

On Freedom



How can I set free anyone who doesn't have the guts to stand up alone and declare his own freedom? I think it's a lie – people claim they want to be free – everybody insists that freedom is what they want the most, the most sacred and precious thing a man can possess. But that's bullshit! People are terrified to be set free – they hold on to their chains. They fight anyone who tries to break those chains. It's their security…How can they expect me or anyone else to set them free if they don't really want to be free?

–– Jim Morrison
posted by Zee Puppette at 1:45 AM

5 Comments:

and that's exactly why they need your help or anyone else's! because it's hard to break the chains all by yourself, not the breaking itself that's hard, the will to do it and the 1st hit.
I think I'm one of those u're talking about, and I definitely need help to break my chains, not someone giving up on me..

October 11, 2008 at 8:06:00 PM PDT  

yeah of course, I agree that giving up on someone would make it even worse, and that one needs support to "break free". But there are things that no one can do for you, things that you have to do on your own. One of those is the sincere will to "change" your life...if you don't have the will do it, or ur too lazy/scared/hesitant to do the dirty work...no one on earth can help you.
Some things oughtta start from within first.

October 11, 2008 at 11:22:00 PM PDT  

I totally agree with Morrison.. it's frustrating! very very frustrating! But yes... it's the fear of losing that familiar sense of security... even if it's a mere illusion!

October 12, 2008 at 12:20:00 AM PDT  

Can we apply Morrison's rule on Egyptian !! Coz we all wanna be set free but no one moves to that goal !!

October 13, 2008 at 11:08:00 AM PDT  

I completely agree with Morrison. It's kinda shocking too...to realize that we in fact are our own enemies.

And yeah sure, it does apply for many people..including Egyptians or Arabs in general.



oh the frustration.

October 13, 2008 at 11:36:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home