The Writings on the Wall

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

On *the Past*

(Simba burps off-screen)

Timon: Whoa! Nice one, Simba.
Simba: Thanks. Man, I'm stuffed.
Pumbaa: Me too. I ate like a pig!
Simba: Pumbaa, you are a pig.
Pumbaa: Oh. Right.
(all three sigh loudly)
Pumbaa: Timon, ever wonder what those sparkly dots are up there?
Timon: Pumbaa, I don't wonder; I know.
Pumbaa: Oh. What are they?
Timon: They're fireflies. Fireflies that, uh... got stuck up in that big bluish-black thing.
Pumbaa: Oh, gee. I always thought they were balls of gas burning billions of miles away.
Timon: Pumbaa, with you, everything's gas.

*****
Pumbaa: What did you do, kid?
Simba: Something terrible. I don't want to talk about it.
Timon: Good, we don't wanna hear about it!
Pumbaa: Come on, Timon. (to Simba) Anything we can do?
Simba: Not unless you can change the past.
Pumbaa: (trying to cheer him up) Kid, at times like this, my buddy Timon here says "You gotta put your behind in your past!"--
Timon: No, no no!
Pumbaa: I mean, uh--
Timon: Amateur. Lie down, before you hurt yourself. (to Simba) It's "You gotta put your past behind you." Look, kid, bad things happen, and you can't do anything about it, right?
Simba: Right.
Timon: WRONG! "When the world turns its back on you, you turn your back on the world!"
Simba: Well, that's not what I was taught.
Timon: Then maybe you need a new lesson...

*****

Simba: Going back means I'll have to face my past. I've been hiding from it for so long...
(Rafiki whacks Simba on the head with his stick)
Simba: OW! Geez, what was that for?!
Rafiki: It doesn't matter! It's in the past! (chuckles)
Simba: Yeah, but it still hurts.
Rafiki: Oh, yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or... learn from it.
(Rafiki swings his stick, but Simba ducks)
Rafiki: Aha! You see? So what are you going to do?
Simba: Well first, I'm gonna take your stick. (grabs Rafiki's stick)
*****
posted by Zee Puppette at 2:12 AM

2 Comments:

*deeeeep sigh*

you could learn a few things from Timon and Rafiki!

umm... so I never told you about my obsession with this movie???

October 15, 2008 at 12:04:00 AM PDT  

lovely! its simply a pity you don't do any more blogging!

August 14, 2009 at 6:38:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home